Shareholders Agreement Signing between Nextgreen Global Berhad and IOI Paper Pulp

Nextgreen Global Berhad (NGGB) is thrilled to announce a groundbreaking partnership with IOI Corporation Berhad’s subsidiary, IOI Paper Pulp Sdn Bhd. Together, they have signed a Shareholders’ Agreement to develop Malaysia’s first large-scale zero-waste paper pulp plant within NGGB’s flagship industrial park, Green Technology Park (GTP) in Pekan, Pahang. This agreement establishes Nextgreen IOI Pulp Sdn Bhd (NIP), with NGGB holding a 55% stake and IOI holding the remaining 45%. NIP will oversee the development and operation of a paper pulp production facility with an initial capacity of 100,000 metric tonnes per annum of bleached pulp made from oil palm empty fruit bunches (EFB), leveraging NGGB’s patented Preconditioning Refiner Chemical-Recycle Bleached Mechanised Pulp (PRC-RBMP) technology.

Over the next 18 to 24 months, both shareholders will combine their expertise and resources to bring this RM600 million project to fruition. Their shared objective is to transform under-utilized biomass from oil palm industries, specifically EFB, into green and sustainable products such as woodfree paper, tissue paper, premium packaging paper, and pulp-molded packaging.

Explore Other Successful Events