Ts. Dr. Lim Kah Yen was appointed to the Board on 07 November 2019. She is currently the Executive Director at Nextgreen Pulp & Paper Sdn Bhd, involving in the company’s operations, strategic planning, and business development, including establishing collaborative relationships with potential business partners and clients.
She joined Nextgreen in 2016 as an R&D Executive and was promoted to R&D Director responsible for R&D activities derived from PRC-RBMP technology. Her other duties include collaborating with universities, grant applications, conducting feasibility studies and business proposals. One important area of her focus is on the commercialisation of lignin extraction from black liquor of pulping process.
She is a member of Employees’ Share Option Scheme. She has no conflict of interest with the Company. She has not been convicted for any offences within the past five years other than traffic offences, if any.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biological Science from University of Exeter, United Kingdom.
- Master’s Degree in Biotechnology, Bioprocessing and Business Management from University of Warwick, United Kingdom.
- Completed a one-year course in Pulp and Paper-Making Technology at Shaanxi University of Science and Technology, China.
- PhD in Environmental Biotechnology at University Putra Malaysia (“UPM”), Malaysia.
- Professional Technologist (P.Tech.) in Green Technology (GT), Malaysia Board of Technologists (MBOT)